Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My holiday traditions

  I celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas, and then later on I'll celebrate Easter as well. As you can tell from those last two statements, I'm Christian. Or, can you really tell from that? Because anymore, people who are atheist seem to think CHRISTmas has nothing to do with CHRISTianity. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but, just because you feel left out because it's a holiday, doesn't mean you should celebrate something against your beliefs. Hey, why don't I just go off and celebrate Chanukah too? I mean, 8 days of presents right? No. It's really fucking annoying to see a bunch of people celebrating a holiday that doesn't belong to them, especially when they're entirely against the very core idea of that holiday. Again, that'd be like me celebrating Kwanza. Do I have black heritage? Nope. But hey, free shit, right? Why not. Anyway.. Around this time of year, as a family, we usually watch like Charlie Brown, and other things like that. We don't listen to like Christmas music and stuff though; we're not a 50's white family. Like any other family, we eat turkey, and stuffing, and green bean casserole, and sweet potatoes, and ham, and all that delicious stuff. We usually have more than a few days of Christmas, just so we can take time to go to both grandparents and aunts and uncles and family of the such. Not to abruptly stop this or anything, but I've nothing more to say on this subject. And with that, goodbye.

4 comments:

  1. hahahahahha!!! So funny! I totally agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the thing, I'm not Christian at all, I might even be atheist, I just don't like labeling myself that way. I also don't like that such a great idea for a holiday is backed by a fantasy character's birthday. So maybe I don't celebrate Christmas? I just have a nice day with my family, good food, and good times. I'm fine with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mason..please don't talk that that on my blog. No offense but I don't appreciate you calling my beliefs imaginary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not saying they're imaginary, and I definitely didn't mean any offense. It was more for lack of a better word. Maybe I could've been a little less biased. But seriously, they could be true or not, and I really couldn't care less. And again, sorry if I offended you.

    ReplyDelete